About Our Berberine:
- HELPS SUPPORT HEALTHY ALREADY HEALTHY BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AND NORMAL INSULIN LEVELS – Berberine, (molecular formula C20H18NO4 and molecular weight of 336.36) is the is the main active component of the ancient Chinese herb Coptis chinensis (Chinese Goldthread), which has been used to maintain healthy blood sugar levels for thousands of years.
- DUAL ACTING FORMULA – Unlike the far cheaper Berberine HCL most manufacturers use, our Berberine Sulfate can provide an additional positive benefit to your body. Once the sulfate group is cleaved from our revolutionary Berberine Sulfate, it can participate in phase II detoxification conjugation reactions in the liver.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY TRIGLYCERIDE, LDL CHOLESTEROL, AND TOTAL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS – A meta-analysis of eleven randomized controlled trials (including a total of 874 participants) showed that administration of Berberine produced A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN TOTAL CHOLESTOROL, and LOW-DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN CHOLESTEROL (“bad cholesterol”) with a remarkable increase in high-density lipoprotein (“good cholesterol”).
- PROMOTES HEALTHY BLOOD LIPID LEVELS –The same study concludes “Berberine may have beneficial effects in the control of blood lipid levels. No serious adverse effects of Berberine have been reported.”
- INCLUDES FULL SIX WEEKS SUPPLY OF BERBERINE VEGGIE CAPSULES WHEN TAKING A DOSAGE OF 1,000 mg. Our easy to swallow 500mg capsules were formulated under our Advisory Board’s physician to allow you the flexibility to economically customize your desired dosage whether that be 500 mg, 1000 mg, up to the clinically recommended level of 1,500 mg daily.
- DEVELOPED BY LEAN Nutraceuticals an Amazon trusted brand since 2013. Our FDA inspected and GMP certified manufacturing facilities are located in the USA to ensure that we deliver the highest quality, most pure and potent Berberine supplement possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I take Berberine before, during or after a meal?
To receive the maximum beneficial effect we recommend you take your Berberine 20-30 minutes prior to a meal, 2 to 3 times daily. However, Berberine like many supplements can cause an upset stomach and you may find it easier on your stomach to take it immediately after your meal.
Why do you say Berberine Sulfate is ``Dual Acting``?
Unlike the far cheaper Berberine HCL most manufacturers use, our Berberine Sulfate can provide an additional positive benefit to your body. Once the sulfate group is cleaved from our revolutionary Berberine Sulfate, it can participate in phase II detoxification conjugation reactions in the liver.
What kind of results can I expect?
For most people Berberine yields an improvement in their glucose levels after a few weeks of regular use. Every individual is different however and your results may vary. Our advice is to stay committed to Berberine for at least 30 days and you should begin to see positive improvements in blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels in due time. One interesting thing to note about Berberine is that it is “normoglycemic” which means that it tends to provide a bigger benefit to individuals whose blood sugar levels are further than normal than it does to those whose blood sugar levels are near normal.
What Our Customers are Saying about their Berberine
Well, this was an experiment on my part. I have been using Lean Nutraceutical’s Berberine for a number of months. I was waiting for the results of my blood test before I decided whether I would continue taking the product.
My glucose went down six points. O.K., but no big deal.
Total cholesterol down 28 points. Hmmm……
Hdl down 2 points. No biggie.
Ldl down 9 points. Better that way than the other.
Triglycerides went down (drumroll) 85 points.Now THAT’S something!!!
So I ordered another bottle, and will keep checking on the results ( I get a blood test from my internist every six months.) but things look very promising!!!
I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic in January 2016. My A1C was 6.7. Not good. I looked up alternative remedies in order to avoid medication. Tried white mulberry extract which didn’t have any significant effect, as there was no change to my A1C. Started Berberine in March. Already almost 3 months in, my A1C is now 6.3. Not bad. Still at the prediabetic level, but it’s a huge improvement. My doctor is stoked. I should also note that I added daily 1 hour exercise, been eating better, got counseling from a Certified Diabetes Educator, limiting carbs and have lost 12 pounds since January. I’m going to keep this up for a whole year and see how much I could improve. Will keep you updated. I know how this is nerve wrecking for many suffering this disease whether newly diagnosed or struggling to keep A1C down. But there is hope. Just keep on trying. It’s possible.
I said I would let you know how my husband did when he got his blood tests, after he finished the bottle of Berberine.
His total cholesterol is down 36 points, LDL down 29, Non cholesterol down 39 triglycerides down 53 and HDL up 3
He was also taking Cholesteoff, and changed his diet. I will order another bottle of Berberine . He started taking the supplements around Jan. 2, 2016. Had the blood work done Feb. 18, 2016
Links to Supporting Research about Berberine
There are hundreds of scientific and medical studies on the positive benefits of Berberine. Here are just a few to get you started on your quest for knowledge!
- Berberine in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis
- The effects of berberine on blood lipids: a systemic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Meta-analysis of the effect and safety of berberine in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, hyperlipemia and hypertension.
Tips to Get the Most From Your Berberine
Additional Information About Berberine
Rich History of Traditional Medicine Uses
Berberine is naturally found in the stems, bark and roots of plants with rich herbal medicine traditions. Berberine containing herbals have found a place in traditional health practices around the world. Goldenseal, for instance, was popular in Native American traditions. Chinese Goldthread remains a valued ingredient in traditional Chinese herbal preparations. Other natural sources of Berberine include Hydrastis Canadensis (goldenseal), Berberis vulgaris (barberry), Berberis aquifolium (Oregon grape) and Berberis aristata (Indian Barberry).
Our Berberine is naturally extracted from the roots of Berberis aristata (Indian Barberry or Tree Turmeric) which is considered to be the best, most potent source.
Berberine is favored among herbalists because for generations it appears to have helped support overall cardiovascular health. However, what makes Berberine special and distinguishes it from other supplements is that it has shown itself to support healthy cholesterol and glucose levels already within the normal range. This dual action sets Berberine apart as other supplements focus on either cholesterol or glucose support only. With Berberine you are giving your heart and cardiovascular system a double dose of herbal love.
More Active Form
LEAN Nutraceuticals Berberine capsules deliver a guaranteed 500 mg of pure Berberine Sulfate, naturally derived from berberis aristata (Indian barberry or tree turmeric). Unlike the less active HCl form, our Berberine Sulfate provides enhanced performance. This is because once the sulfate group is cleaved from Berberine Sulfate, it can participate in phase II detoxification conjugation reactions in the liver. Which the HCL form cannot. So there is an additional minor, added value when using our Berberine Sulfate form.
Research Supports Ancient Healing Traditions and Finds New Uses
- Today, Berberine has emerged from the annals of traditional herbal medicines to stake its claim as a cardiovascular powerhouse through dozens of published studies (just search online).
- Many studies demonstrate Berberine’s positive effect on the GI tract. Others document Berberine extract’s ability to positively influence metabolic functions and support healthy lipid metabolism. This in turn may promote liver health, cardiovascular health and insulin function with additional secondary and tertiary benefits for healthy weight management, cellular health and more.
How it Works & What’s to Come
- Studies indicate that many of the positive benefits observed with Berberine may be related to its interaction AMPK (adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase) an important enzyme that is expressed in a number of tissues, including theliver, brain, and skeletal muscle. As a systemic enzyme, AMPK influences how the body creates and uses cellular energy. It is through these pathways that Berberine appears to have its effect on a variety of metabolic processes and cellular health attributes.
- Looking forward, researchers are continuing to study Berberine in the hopes of further understanding its potential benefits for lipid metabolism such as glucose management, healthy blood lipid metabolism and cholesterol management.
What You Should Expect
For most people Berberine yields an improvement in their glucose levels after a couple of weeks of regular use. Every individual is different however and your results may vary. Our advice is to stay committed to Berberine for at least 30 days and you should begin to see positive improvements in blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels in due time. Of course, you should always consult your physician or health care advisor before taking any supplement and Berberine is no different. That said, once you begin taking LEAN Nutraceuticals Berberine you will join the multitude of others who have experienced a change for the better in their blood sugar, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride numbers thanks to Berberine!
If you are on insulin treatment, or are pregnant, or lactating consult a health care professional before using this product. If you are on oral hypoglycemic agents this product may require an adjustment in your medication. Always consult a health care professional before making an adjustment.
No statements on this site have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using these or any dietary supplements.